Dallas City of Learning (DCOL) is a citywide initiative to ensure all students have access to high-quality summer learning programs that stem learning loss. DCOL, launched in 2014, served nearly 70,000 participants in summer 2017 through the efforts of over 500 partners. Join the DCOL initiative today as we work together to collaboratively remove the barriers for youth to ACCESS summer learning programs, increase the cumulative DOSAGE of summer learning that youth in Dallas receive, and continue to push for high QUALITY summer learning experience for all youth in Dallas.
Sign in to list your programs on our free platform and manage your DCOL account. Bookmark this page for updates on 2018 DCOL resource opportunities.SIGN IN
Become a Partner
- List your programs on the Dallas City of Learning website
- Participate in city-wide partner convenings and connectivity events
- Apply for Big Thought resources, both financial and in-kind
2018 Dallas City of Learning Neighborhood Resource Initiative Partner Toolkit
As a Dallas City of Learning Partner Organization, this is your one-stop shop to learn about and request any of the available summer 2018 resource opportunities, as well as access technical assistance from Big Thought. Resource and technical assistances opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Professional Development
- DCOL Technology Kits
- MXP – Big Thought’s Mobile Tech Experience
More information on each resource or technical assistance opportunity will be included below as they become available. Please check back often!
DCOL Platform Program Listings
Download this PDF
for step-by-step instructions on adding your programs to the DallasCityofLearning.org online platform. Don’t Forget
– Partners that submit their programs by April 5 are ensured that their program listing will be viewable to attendees of Dallas ISD’s annual Discover Summer Resource Fair on Saturday, April 7th. We anticipate over 4,000 students and families will attend this one-day event to learn more about all of the great summer learning offerings throughout the city.
Dallas ISD Discover Summer Fair
Dallas ISD which will be hosted at Conrad High School on Saturday, April 7th from 9am-1pm. If you’d like additional information about reserving a booth, please contact Kristina Dove at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DCOL Lunch & List Workshops
Click here to RSVP
- March 22 (11:30-1) - Lunch & List
- April 19 (11:30-1) - Lunch & List
- May 24 (9:30-11) Badging & Listing/Marketing
DCOL Financial Stipends
DCOL partner organizations are invited to submit a proposal to receive a financial stipend to enhance existing or new summer programming to be connected with Dallas City of Learning Summer 2018. Partners requesting financial resources are asked to complete a brief online proposal and participate in a panel interview. Once interviewed, your proposal and presentation will be scored by an outside Advisory Committee. Resource notifications will be sent in the later part of March and funding installments will begin in April or May. The proposal submission deadlines are below:
- March 8, 2018 - Proposal Deadline
- March 19-20, 2018 - Funding Panel Interviews
- April 6, 2018 - Decisions Released
Proposals with the greatest potential for receiving resources will address three main components:
- demonstrate collaboration with another community partner, provider or organization
- target an area within City of Dallas proper
- help students access high-quality experiences